Friday, January 4, 2013

End Of My Hiatus

Sorry I've been gone so long! School and personal stuff kinda got the best of me. I'm back now, though, and I'm hoping to stay for a good while. At least for a few weeks. School might stop me from posting every week (which is my goal), but we'll see.

While on my hiatus I realized two things: I can't write dystopians, I haven't been writing for myself, and I need to channel my feelings into my writing more. That's three things. I'm stupid today. Whatever.

So, the dystopian thing. Yeah, I'm just not clever enough right now to think up all the necessary things that a dystopian world (especially the one in Blind) needs. So, that's either scrapped forever or I'll try a re-write in the far future. But because I love Izaac so much, he's going to be in one of my new novels. I don't have a title for New Novel yet, but I'll post about it soon when I know more.

I realized I haven't been writing for myself--to get my feelings and thoughts out on paper, because I love it, because it's my passion and hobby. No, I've been writing because I felt obligated. People were saying stuff and, yeah, I just felt pressured . . . But now I'm going back to writing for myself.  Which is good. Epiphanies help me.

And the third thing: the feelings. I have a lot of feelings. Mostly dark and depress-y. And they always need to be unleashed in some creative way--usually it involves really dramatically silently singing to a song in my bedroom. But it used to be writing. Oh, how it used to be my writing. It would feel SO good just to throw everything I was feeling into a scene and just . . . just get it out somewhere. And I hope to start doing that again.

My hiatus is over now, hopefully. I want to post once a week--not set days, but just at least one day a week. It'll probably mostly be on weekends. I have a lot of stuff to post--new ideas, talking about the Inkies (my writer friends from a site that sadly shut down), and Hexbound (<<

*EDIT* Some of the freaking post got deleted. Not a lot, but still. I had pressed Save like four times just to make sure it would be saved. T.T

1 comment:

  1. Hello again.
    I'm sorry you've been so busy. I see a lot of people get bogged down like that, and I'm privately hoping they'll suddenly find a balloon and be brilliantly buoyed back into my world of Blogland.

    Anyway, and yes... I'm still figuring out to write the way I feel, to be honest. Usually if I can latch onto a story I like like a leach and pump it of life-blood, than I'm doing good xD.

    Happy to see you'll be having some new stories and things out :]

    ReplyDelete